Thursday, July 23, 2009

Stressful Budget Talk!!

I had to make one of the hardest decisions ever last night. Adam wanted to know what my "plans" were as far as work. That is when I told him that after I went to work and worked 40 hours per week and paid for daycare for 2 kids then I would only bring home $100 and it is not worth that to me to be gone all the time. So, he told me that we would have to do some cutting back on some of our bills. SOOOOO, the verdict is that I told him to sell my Tahoe (that I absolutely LOVE) if that meant that I get to stay home with my babies. Well, he said this morning that this was not something that we had to make this decision on right now but really needed to think about it. It would so be worth it :) He also said that he might sell his car also just to have one with a much cheaper payment. You see, between our 2 car payments, we could pay our mortgage again. That is just so excessive. I love being able to stay home with my kids. You see my mom and dad always had to work- sometimes more than one job and were gone alot. I want to be here whenever my kiddos need me. This is something that I have always dreamed of being able to do.
So, to my wonderful husband- I know that you are Mr. Budget, but the kids and I are going to do our part of pinching pennies to be here. I love you and am so thankful to have a husband that is as family oriented as I am.
You see this girl does not do well under stress. My stress reaction is to just bury my head and cry. This is why I am not in charge of the finances in my house. I would have to be in the loonie bin and well I am NO help to anyone there. Just know that we are doing alot of cutting back and praying to make this work. I just feel that deep down in my heart this is what is right for them. Anyways, Just know that if I am a little stressed or even balling my eyes out I am ok, just pregnant and stressed out:) It sure is hard being a BIG girl:)

1 comment:

  1. Wow, those talks must be going around. Andy and I have been having them as well. Truth be told, I pick staying home over any monetary object! When our kids leave home we can build our dream houses and drive fancy cars too. ;> We just got back from our most frugal vacation. The crazy part? It was the best vacation we've ever had!!! God has BIG plans for us sis so hang in there. You're one of the best mothers and friends I've ever met! Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete