Friday, August 7, 2009

Show Us Your Life

Today is wedding receptions and honeymoons. I don't have time to scan pictures right now but maybe they will come later today.

We had our reception at the same place that we had our wedding. We had a huge white tent with a dance floor and band set up out back. The food and cakes were all inside and you ate outside around the band. It was sooo much fun. I wanted this to be the best part of my wedding day. Everyone got their food and went outside. We danced and partied for hours. It was a blast:) We had a champagne fountain and 2 kegs of beer. I know, I know this is classy. It sure was fun though until I looked around and one of the groomsmen had gone to his car and gotten out the red solo cups. Talk about a redneck. HAHA. It was ok though. By the end of the night we were all exhausted. Oh yeah, the worst part of the entire wedding was when my "new husband" went and asked his mom to dance with him to the song "You Look Wonderful Tonight." I was and secretly still am hurt by this. What an idiot? I mean am I not the one that looks wonderful. Needless to say, I married the one that is a momma's boy and still is. Now everytime I hear that song I am forced to change the station. What wedding day is not complete with a crying bride??? Oh well.

Our honeymoon was really different. We went to the mountains for 2 nights right after we got married and then in November we went on a cruise. We decided that since we had been together so long and we had Tori, I did not want to leave her for a week. We took our whole families on the cruise with us. Not recommended!!! I felt like I missed out on a lot trying to make a group of 20 people happy even though it was MY honeymoon. We went on a 7 night Carnival Cruise to the US Virgin Islands. It was sooooo rough. I think that I am still scarred from this.

I know that this is not all that exciting but it sure was fun. I have the best husband in the world and am so thankful that we are married. I love him more and more everyday and just hope that he feels the same way about me. Have a blessed day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment