Thursday, September 24, 2009

Thrifty Crafty Creation

Today would be labeled Crafty Creation Thursday. Yesterday, Callie and I loaded up in the car for a girls day. We met one of my best buds Sarah for a thrifty trip to find some fabrics. We all ended up at WM at 8 am. We went to the fabric department and I found tons of really cute Halloween fabrics. I had been recruited to make a fall/halloween wreath. I wanted to do something really cute but yet not something you see everyday. Sooooooo, that led me to do a "Rag Wreath." I started with 4 yards of fabric, a wire wreath, pinking shears, and some crafty hands. I cut the fabric with the pinking shears into 6 inch strips that were 1 inch wide. My knuckles now have blisters on them and are killing me. :) I tied the strips around the metal wreath and this is the finished product-----


I thought that this turned out super cute for a grand total of $15. What a cute bargain. I am so proud of myself. I will now probably have one of these for every holiday and occasion in life. Sarah also bought some things to make one so as soon as she gets it finished I will link you to hers. That is it for now, but I will keep you updated on the upcoming project list.

2 comments:

  1. Super cute! I have been thinking of making one of these. P.S. Why am I just now being able to see your blog? You have been blogging for months and earlier this week I got all of the links for all of the blogs you have done. WTF?

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE IT!!! Thanks for being my inspiration sis! God's blessings, Sarah :D

    ReplyDelete