Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Christmas in October!!

Today was just one of those days. I felt like a kid at Christmas. One of my friends that I use to work with, Amber, sent me a facebook message last night that she had some baby boy clothes if I wanted to look at them. Well, her little man is always dressed to kill so of course I want to look at them. So she said that she would bring them by this morning and let me look at them. I could not wait to get my hands on them. Then, she tells me about this feather wreath that I have been stalking of hers for a while now that she was gonna give me. I absolutely LOVE all of it. Gift number one. So then, while trying to patiently wait on her to drop the stuff off I decided that Callie and I needed to take a shower and get ready for the day. Then an "AH HA" moment right in the shower. See Tori has a ball tournament this upcoming weekend and well, it's gonna be COLD. I can't just take Callie to the ball field and have her not be cute so this means a trip to Wal-Mart for a sweat suit and to Hobby Lobby for some fabric. I found sweat pants at WM and no sweat shirts. Now really, who sells the pants and not shirts. But I got a longsleeve black t-shirt instead. She will just have to wear her coat. I decided that I would put a ruffle around the bottom of the pants and a cute something on the top. Well, this is the end result. I know that it is not a professional job, but if I wanted professional then I would have paid well a professional. This is just all about personal satisfaction. Gift Number Two!!


I put the little baseball print fabric as a ruffle on the pants!

This is an upclose of the applique on the shirt.

This afternoon my lifelong bestie calls to tell me that she had found a bargain for peanut and just could not pass it up. So for me just to swing by her office and pick it up. She told me that she knew that he had enough for now, so this would be for the fall. It is the cutest Petit Ami longall on earth and it was only $14.95. I absolutely adore it. Thanks Tiff!! Gift Number Three!!



This is the upclose of the smocking on the front:)

The very last thing is from my clever crafty friend, Sarah. I called her this morning when I had the "Ah Ha" moment because I thought that I would need a little support. See she can do anything and does not get intimidated by her machines like I do. I always call her for encouragement. She can make the worst situations seem such simple obstacles. So she calls me this afternoon to tell me that she has left me a prize at my back door and that it doesn't need to get wet. So of course I come flying home on two wheels. To find this-

She made the cutest hand sanitizer dispenser for a teachers gift not long ago and well I just adored it. So I bragged about it and have secretly been wanting to make one but just haven't gotten around to it. So now I have my very own and personally feel so honored. Gift Number 4!! I feel like it is Christmas in October:) Thank You everyone for making this homely pregnant girl feel special even if its for just one day. You will never know how special each and everyone of you are to me!! Love You Girls:)


2 comments:

  1. you are so ery welcome and im gonna fnd that monkey for the wreath! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy that my crafty creation made you smile. But, more importantly I'm glad that one of my favorite people felt like Queen for a day! God's blessings on your week sis, Sarah :D
    PS Callie's outfit is adorable... you TOTALLY ROCKED that sewing machine!!!

    ReplyDelete