Thursday, July 29, 2010

Shots and Smells

I had a trip like no other yesterday. You see it was time for Easton's follow up ear appointment with our pediatrician that I LOVE. He may not know it yet but he loves me too. So, when E was diagnosed with his ear infection 2 weeks ago, I remembered that my girls both needed shots. That is a whole other post but here is some insight- how the heck do my 2 girls never miss a well child check and are both needing shots??? Old pediatrician failure- who knows, maybe just new guidelines. Lets go with number 2 bc I liked our old pediatrician too. So I asked the nurse if I had to see the doc or if the girls could do just a shot only visit. She answered that I could just bring them with me and it would be shot only. So yesterday morning the kids and I go to Duchess Bakery and pick up a dozen donuts- don't hate I know I am fat but whats a fat girl without the donuts, right??? Go to my friend Liz Zill's house and keep in mind we are good like best friends so we don't knock anymore we just go in. Well, all the lights are out this is 10:15 am and she does have 2 kids. I am telling the kids to be quiet and I bust in the master bedroom. She is scared out of her mind, grabs her cell phone to check the time, and says "Holy Shi****, hang on we'll get up." I am laughing and head to the living room to wait on the princess. Keep in mind I am here for an intervention of cleaning house and holy crap did it need it. The kids dive into the "nonuts" and she fixes us some coffee. We cleaned for 3 hours and it was looking good.

I had to leave and come get ready for the doctor. I got home like 1:30pm right before our 2:15pm appointment clean us all up and pre medicate the 2 girls that don't know whats coming. Out the door we go. I got there on time. They check E's ear that was clear and then weighed him- 20lbs 3.5 ozs. I have never been so proud, but anywho. Then he does the unthinkable. He filled his diaper with the most horrific smelling poop ever. I go digging through the diaper bag and can't find A SINGLE WIPE. So then come his 2 nurses and 2 trays with a combined 5 shots. I apologize for the odor and tell them that I would change him but I have 0 wipes and don't want to leave it for them to smell the rest of the day. They give Callie her 2 first because Tori has hidden and then on to Tori. They finish with all of that DRAMA and come back with a diaper sack and some wipes. They tell me to put it in the trash can and that they will not use that exam room for the rest of the afternoon. So, by the time that I left I was completely beside myself. I hope that you have now laughed uncontrollably at my expense and that no one has to experience this ever again. Have to run but have a wonderful week:)

1 comment:

  1. my house wasn't THAT bad! LOL! & you forgot to add that my room is like a cave & you couldn't even tell it was daytime in there :)

    ReplyDelete