Sunday, August 22, 2010

Haters!!

I am feeling the need to vent! One of my friends just received an email about breastfeeding in public and exposing her "private parts" to the world. She has a blog and put a picture of her baby on the breast nursing. I am fixing to bust open so if you aren't ready then you might want to find a new blog.
  • I will breastfeed when my baby is hungry. If I am in a restaurant, WalMart, the library, anywhere.
  • I will not deny my baby the right to eat just because YOU don't like it. If you don't like it go away and don't watch. I will not just bust out my booby and show it to you. I will do it covered up and appropriately.
  • We are not 5 anymore and when you are feeding a baby they are not a "private part" anymore, more like an all you can eat buffet.
  • There are laws that allow me to breastfeed anywhere that I am usually allowed to be.
  • I am saving over $1,500 per year because I am breastfeeding.
  • I am lowering my risk of Type 2 diabetes, breast and ovarian cancer, and postpartum depression
  • Breastfeeding mothers miss less work due to sick children which leads to a more productive workforce.
  • Also, if 90% of families breastfed exclusively for only 6 months, we could prevent nearly 1,000 infant deaths.

I completely understand that breastfeeding is not for everyone. Everyone is entitled to make their own decisions. I am for what is best for you and your baby in your certain circumstances. However, I have chose to breastfeed and it is working well for me and my baby. Please do not send me messages about how you don't agree with what I have chosen. I am a grown adult and if you don't like my decision then keep your nose out of my business and in your own. You moved away from here because no one liked you and well, to be honest nothing about that has changed. I am now going to get off the soap box and snuggle my kiddos, oh yeah and nurse Easton:) Have a good night!!

3 comments:

  1. lol the dramas that surround you even as an adult. Apparently she is checking up though because her facebook status this morning is in reference to this blog post lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. In a lot of instances a hungry baby is a fussy baby. So, I consider there to be two choices...
    1) listen to my hungry baby scream it's head off
    or
    2) thank me for nursing my baby so she will be quiet
    end of discussion!

    People need to grow up. I'm much more grossed out by the teenagers giving head in the walmart parking lot than I am about a woman breastfeeding her baby in public.

    Don't stress over it!

    ReplyDelete